VGA to RCA not working...

AoS Lighting

Beta member
Hi, I have been trying to figure out how to use my TV as a monitor for my computer. I bought a VGA to RCA adapter not being able to think of a reason why it wouldn't work, although I was planning for not great resolution. But when I hooked it up I got no signal at all, not even a flicker in the screen. I thought I would at least see a change in the tv's default blue screen when there is no signal at all. Could the adapter be bad? Do I need to change any settings on my computer?

Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks!

J. Gibson
AoS Lighting

Does your video card have S-Video on it?

And I've never tried VGA to RCA. But if they sell it, it must work :p

-Q

Make sure you're plugging it in to video in. I'm sure you've tried all of the little holes on the back of your TV though ;)

hmm...I've never seen vga to rca so I'm not familiar with it. So I'll ask this, is the vga connection you were using the main connection that you have your monitor connected to or is it a second one on the video card? If it's a second connection, you may need to enable or configure it in your video card's options.

Thanks for the replys. No, I don't think my video card has s-video, but the adapter I got also has an s-video in addition the the RCA.

I was using the main connection that I have the monitor plugged into.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
J. Gibson

What about your tv? Do you have the tv setup properly and the rca cables connected correctly?

Yes, I have a 4 way RCA splitter box and I hook stuff up all the time so i'm pretty positive the problems not there. I was wondering if maybe the adapter could be bad? I don't see why it would be but I can't really think of anything else.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom