Quad bulid

Yeah, or you can pick out exactly what you want at Newegg.com (That's what I use). That's a powerful computer and if you're planning on doing anything to utalize all of it's abilities, I would consider upgrading the ram.

Doesn't look like it comes with an OS, so you'll be needing one of those.

-Q

"I am getting the windows 7 for like 20 bucks because of school but i kinda want to know what would be a computer i can upgrade for a few more years then this one and prefer a intel system

No. The integrated graphics card sucks. It's only upgradable to 4gbs of ram. It only has two pci slots (PCI, PCIx16).

If it were for me, I wouldn't get it. You would use the one pci16 slot for a better video card.. then you're left with one pci slot.

Then again, it depents on what you're using it for. By "upgradable" I took it as you're going to be playing games. You may just want it for M$ word and the internet though.

Well right now im using a dell 8400 p 4 3 gb of ram 3.4ghz processor so i wanna step up not down and have a really fast computer

I'm not looking at the specs of that dell, but a 2.3quad to a 3.2 single is a step up. A gig of ram can easily be upgradable. But you said for the future... when you might need 8gbs of ram :p And you can't do it. Or if you want to add a wireless card and a tv tuner, you can't do it. Maybe you'll find that there's not enough USB ports.. or you need firewire or Esata... you'll have to sacrafice the wireless card ;)

Lol, so you mean you want to keep the case and re-do everything on the inside?

I say build your own with a durrible case.. if you're going to use this for like 10 years :{P

I would just get the combo if thats what you want. You are not going to need 8GB RAM in the lifetime of that computer. Right now, all you NEED is 2gb, though 4gb is nice. 8gb is useless for a computer like that IMO, just a waste of money. O BTW be sure to get 64 bit OS. just a reminder.

Back
Top Bottom