TV card Windows Compatiblity

rime123

Baseband Member
Ok here is my problem
I bought a TV card back in October and when installing with CD drivers and online ones, on Windows xp MCE 2002 it does not work at all, with either the software bundled with it or the Media Center Program.
However on Vista or Windows 7 it works fine picking up 112 channels.
I like windows 7 alot and have no complaints however still like XP :)
PT_M135D_Super007_body+R+BX_WEU_20071114.jpg

ANY suggestions???

I will prob dual boot windows 7 and XP -- is that a good thing to do ??

What version of 7 are you running? If it's Profession, Enterprise or Ultimate you can use XP mode to run programs you like running in XP. It's basically Virtual PC with an XP SP3 virtual machine included. You do have to download the appropriate files and run the installers, though.

Yeah, it works pretty well. I have XP and I use VM ware (Virtual Machine) to run Windows 7.

VMware: When you start the program it opens a window... you chose what opperating system you want to start, you can have many installed on VMware. It will open the OS in a window. Dual monitors comes in handy here, as you can make it full screen and looks just like the primary OS.

The "Virtual Machine" for Windows 7 is basically the same.

Check your drivers and see if they work for Windows XP. Some are only compatible with newer machines... and check whether you're installing 32bit or 64bit drivers.

I have the opposite problem as you. XP will run my Tuner fine (not excellent quality), but Windows 7 won't even detect it.

I can't see what type of tuner you have, but I would suggest contacting their customer support. I have Hauppauge and their customer support is awesome. They set me up with everything, from recording satelite channels, to playing Xbox off the tuner and tweaking the regestry so that there would be no delay.

-Q

I would much appreciate it if you could share that registry tweak to eliminate the delay on Happauge cards. I have one and would like to get rid of that slight delay if possible.

Back
Top Bottom