I cant download torrents anymore

Thats kinda weird that they just did this. I've heard of cox doing it if they catch you DL'ing illegal stuff, but I thought cox was the only one who did that for any reason.

Do you know anyone on the same ISP to see if its just you or if its everybody?
I'd change ISP's personally if they won't fix it.

My router just cuts off my internet connection when I download torrents and when I go to reset the router it bricks itself and I end up having to tftp the firmware to it. My issue is possibly with my router being defective I think

Well you could try a couple of different things.

Check out PeerGurdian2 and see if that works for you.

http://phoenixlabs.org/pg2/

If that doesn't work you have one other option. Since you can still access thepiratebay and demonoid you could copy the tracker url then create a imageshack account. Within the imageshack account they have a free 5GB torrent drive.

You can copy the torrent url into the bar and have imageshack download it to their server. After it is downloaded you can then download it directly to your computer through imageshack. I highly doubt your isp would block imageshack downloads from you. The only thing that sucks is with a free account you have to wait for available bandwidth but overall it will be much faster once it's on imageshacks drive for you to download.

EDIT: Looks like they charge for all service now. You used to be able to get a free 5GB per month but now it's $3 unlimited 1 day, 10 GB $10 month etc. Check out there rates.

I guess you could also use a rapidshare search engine too and just download from that. Most torrents end up on a rapidshare account somewhere.

My router just cuts off my internet connection when I download torrents and when I go to reset the router it bricks itself and I end up having to tftp the firmware to it. My issue is possibly with my router being defective I think

Sounds like it's strugginling with too many connections! Which router do you have?

So, I didnt say but I got things unblocked for a day. And.....

Now its not.

Well, anyways, I downloaded peerguardian, and as soon as it downloaded and installed my torrent started running again. Must really work. Sweet.

It just happened. I told it to block p2p, but on the main screen of ip's it didnt have a single one blocked. go figure

i dont know what to block using PG2 to allow my torrents to work now?

Back
Top Bottom