Gosh Darn UPS

I hate doing RMA's with Evga, because they always require a signature. I'm never there when they deliver so I always have to go up to the depot at 8pm and collect my package (I'm only impatient when delivery services take longer than they should).

Could be worse....

129078798861719362.jpg

That's peanuts compared to this...

IMG_6674.jpg

is that yours :eek:

was, he sent it back, they packaged it like shit

EDIT: I just orderd from newegg for the first time and got my package today(cold cathodes), the packaging was exceptionally, alot of protection around it. Velcro adhesive sucks though, oh well. At least you got your card in one peice though, could've ended up like 01001010's tv

UPS is just made up of people... People that like doing their job and people that see packages across the room and say, "Aw screw that, I'm not walking over there."

Of course, the ones that live around here tend to forget my address :p

I've had a package in transit for a little over three weeks.

-It was coming from a place, a town, four hours from where I live. That almost tops the TV incident ;) And no, it wasn't during the holiday season :D

-Q

Must be nice to have a job where you can 'miss' some of your work and not get in trouble. "Sorry boss I 'missed' the server, I'll fix it on the next business day."

it agrivates me that some people think that when they pay 3 day shipping or w.e that they will get it with in three days, yes you do pay for it so yes you should get it. But i worked at FedEx Ground as a truck loader, and in QC aswell, and worked every job in the facility. I worked at the Pittsburgh Hub that handles any and all Ground packages for the greater Pittsburgh area, and cross country shipping.

Trust me when i say this, he did not 'forget' your package. It was merely staged off the truck due to not having enough room. Some companies such as Bed, Bath, and Beyond get ALOT of stuff, and i mean, like 200+ packages a day. So your package was left off due to not enough room, so the driver sacrificed your package to fit on a bigger 1 stop delivery, and stores like BBB and others only take one drop off, once a day, at a specific time, so its not like they can go back to the Hub and get more stuff, it is run like a well oiled machine, to make the most money with the least inconveniences and still provide the best possible service. Sure it sucks, but thats how it works.

/RANT

That's peanuts compared to this...

IMG_6674.jpg

I remember this. Is it just me and you that have had the worst luck with UPS? I sent back my Corsair 750W PSU TWICE before I MADE them send it FedEx NextDay for free (low and behold, it worked just fine).

Guess what? If you didn't read in the R.C.C. thread, the 650W Corsair I got for my friend's build is crap, too. There was no padding in the box. Brown paper at the bottom and that was all. Do people REALLY think that brown paper does ANY good? Really? Cuz if they do, I want to punch them in the face. Tell me, if you fell from 6 feet in the air, would you want A) bubble wrap B) packing peanuts, or C) paper, to break your fall? I think it would be A or B, definitely not f-in C.

it agrivates me that some people think that when they pay 3 day shipping or w.e that they will get it with in three days, yes you do pay for it so yes you should get it./QUOTE]

Once it has left the place it was purchased (aka "been shipped"), then it should be three day. Obviously, it's not "3 day shipping" as soon as you click "purchase" or "checkout". I mean, your order has to be processed and packaged and then sent out.

But i worked at FedEx Ground as a truck loader, and in QC aswell, and worked every job in the facility. I worked at the Pittsburgh Hub that handles any and all Ground packages for the greater Pittsburgh area, and cross country shipping.

Trust me when i say this, he did not 'forget' your package. It was merely staged off the truck due to not having enough room. Some companies such as Bed, Bath, and Beyond get ALOT of stuff, and i mean, like 200+ packages a day. So your package was left off due to not enough room, so the driver sacrificed your package to fit on a bigger 1 stop delivery, and stores like BBB and others only take one drop off, once a day, at a specific time, so its not like they can go back to the Hub and get more stuff, it is run like a well oiled machine, to make the most money with the least inconveniences and still provide the best possible service. Sure it sucks, but thats how it works.

/RANT

Okay. So you're telling me that just because you worked for a shipping company means you are going to speak to the credibility of every delivery man...that their 'mistake' wasn't truly a 'mistake'? Really?...I mean, really?

Just because I own a computer business doesn't mean I'm going to stand up for Geek Squad when they make a mistake, saying that it was "honest" and "to make the best of the situation".

G.S.:"Oops. I accidentally copied your pr0n folder over to my jump drive...it was an 'honest mistake'" (<Sarcasm).
Me: "Yup. Totally an honest mistake. He didn't mean to do that at all. Everyone is credible" (<Sarcasm).

I'm not trying to sound like a d1ck here. Yes, people do make mistakes, but some people also do give a flying f about their job either. It's not fair to compare the two; especially when you don't have the information behind them such as in the situation above. We won't ever know if it was an honest mistake, an intentional mistake, or a guy that just doesn't give a F about his job.

it agrivates me that some people think that when they pay 3 day shipping or w.e that they will get it with in three days, yes you do pay for it so yes you should get it. But i worked at FedEx Ground as a truck loader, and in QC aswell, and worked every job in the facility. I worked at the Pittsburgh Hub that handles any and all Ground packages for the greater Pittsburgh area, and cross country shipping.

/RANT

My box is 10" x 8" x 5.5", I bet it would have fit. Also were I live there aren't any stores that would require that much delivery.
I also want to point out that I'm not really all that upset by it. I thought it was more funny than anything. Just the fact that it said it was "missed".

Now if I would have had some of the issues posted, well then it'd be a different story....

Okay. So you're telling me that just because you worked for a shipping company means you are going to speak to the credibility of every delivery man...that their 'mistake' wasn't truly a 'mistake'? Really?...I mean, really?

yes, FedEx, UPS, DHL, ect
they all do this.
you would only fully understand if you had experience in it, no offense

Back
Top Bottom