I cant download torrents anymore

I work in the IT department and a local University. Most of the professors have laptops and like working at home. They have network drives located on OUR network... and they arn't connected to it at home. So they use VPN (Virtual Private Network).

They Virtually connect to a Private Network. They connect to the Universities network so they can access their network drives from home.

I haven't quite used it to use the Universities ISP, only for networked drives ;) So I don't know how that would work.

But yes, that does suck that you can't download torrents.

Is it that you can't download torrents, or that you can't use a torrent downloader, like bittorrent.

They're controlling what you download and that's lame, switch. We have ATT and they let anything slide ;)

-Q

This should help.
http://computer.howstuffworks.com/vpn.htm

Lol, "This should help; computers.howstuffworks...."

That just wasn't on my list of things to look up, but since you've kindly posted it I guess it's something that would be good to know. I'll widen my knowledge of VPN now. :D

-Q

I work in the IT department and a local University. Most of the professors have laptops and like working at home. They have network drives located on OUR network... and they arn't connected to it at home. So they use VPN (Virtual Private Network).

They Virtually connect to a Private Network. They connect to the Universities network so they can access their network drives from home.

I haven't quite used it to use the Universities ISP, only for networked drives ;) So I don't know how that would work.

But yes, that does suck that you can't download torrents.

Is it that you can't download torrents, or that you can't use a torrent downloader, like bittorrent.

They're controlling what you download and that's lame, switch. We have ATT and they let anything slide ;)

-Q
Both. I am not even allowed to go the the bittorrent.com site, as well as download anything linked to that site. I downloaded it thru a 3rd party mirror at softpedia. However, I cant download legit torrents either like I can access demonoid or thepiratebay but I cant download a torrent link from any site, including those.

Mine is not blocked yet (YAY) I've never heard of ISP's blocking torrent sites.

petition your ISP,
tell them that you want to download the latest Linux offering that is made available through bit torrent.

see if you can make them see reason

When I'm downloading my Linux Distro's, I like to use my VPS running TorrentFlux, and then download fia FTP/HTTP.

Back
Top Bottom