audio help

biferi

Daemon Poster
I use ADT Audio Drivers.

and wen I go into the settings I have all these sliders for the Volume controle output.
Speaker
Wave
CD
SW Sythn
Input Moniter

And I have the Standard recording sliders plus Line Input.

Now wen a sound is comeing in from my Line In Jack I do here a little bit of a His from my speakers even if they are not playing anything.

So I would ges that this is empty sound comeing from the Line In.
So if I bring the Line in Slider down the his goes away.

But then I have to turn up my Speakers so I here the his again so it is realy the same thing.

And the Imput volume slider if I bring that down the his goes away I can see if I lower the Line In slider but why does the Volume slider efect the Line in just the line in
what do I do??? I still get hiss from the Line in if I turn up the speakers??

That's the signal interference within your amplifier. Happens on my Carver system very loudly. Using high quality gold plated cables with thick insulation helps with that. Also, keep the audio wires away from AC (power) wires as much as possible as AC has a field around it that can affect signal integrity in audio wires.

Thanks but I thought of that but this is why I don't think it is.

I f I have my Line In slider turned all the way down and turn up my speakers I don't here any his..

Now since I have my speakers turned up I should here a his I think but I don't and I xcan play CDs and they sound good.

But as soon as I turn up the Line In sliders the his comes back

By "line in" you mean the green port? That's Line-Out-Stereo. Blue is "line in"

Standard Sound Card port-out

Anyways, the noise goes away if you turn the sliders down because there is no longer a signal from the computer to be distorted.

Back
Top Bottom