cd rw erasing

david90

In Runtime
I'm trying to erase a cdrw but can't because my dvd drive keeps on reading it. The cdrw did not burn correctly so there's something wrong with the file system.

How do I stop my dvd drive from reading the cdrw initially so that I can erase it?

just let it read it then close the window that it opens
once that is done go into my computer and select the drive
on Vista there is an option on the tool bar to erase RW disks
click and relax :D

the problem is my dvd drive would read the cdrw for a long time, stop and would read it again if I right click on the drive to erase the data.

while the dvd drive reads the cdrw cd, my windows explorer freezes. Until I eject the cdrw, i can't do anything.

regarding your quote, it's more concise to say "whether you think you can or can't, you're right"

I think I can erase this cdrw but I can't ;P

no my quote is motivational
its ment to say that you can do something as long as you think you can
but the moment you go thinking that you cant, then you right. you wont be able to do it
so have you tried putting it into a CD rom?

no my quote is motivational
its ment to say that you can do something as long as you think you can
but the moment you go thinking that you cant, then you right. you wont be able to do it
so have you tried putting it into a CD rom?

No i haven't but what will that do? Basically my problem is that I can't access my cdrw to erase it because the drive always try to read it. I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with my cdrw drive.

Ok, Ok, do this for me:

Pop your CD in the hole.

Right click My Computer and go to Manage.

Find your drive.

Right click it and do what's necessary. I don't have a disk in there so I don't know what the options will be.

-Q

Back
Top Bottom