Need some advice quick on a laptop

Thats very reassuring. Thank you.

How does your desktop hold up to daily things?

Counter-strike, Mozilla, word processing, RST games, Halo, Virus scans, and Steam all work with enough speed to satisfy. Not all at once of course, but i usually have 3 of the apps or programs running at once and it's nice and decently fast.

Thats all I really need it for.

I didnt think it was going to be slower then an atom though. Hmmmm

Its for school.

Atoms are the slowest CPUs out there. A celeron beats it hands down.
Now, I've seen it comes with 2GB DDR3...so it's a much decent laptop. I'm not really sure if it will last that long as advertized for the batery but it will do the job you've asked.

Thats perfect then, thanks

So when I get it, all drivers and stuff will be on the internet. So when I wipe it and put on ubuntu I will need to download all that good stuff again for audio and the wifi onto a flashdrive from this computer and move it to that one?

I'd go with Debian Lenny, or the Debian 6 pre-release, as it seems to be more stable and have more compatibility than ubuntu. And yes there is a BT client. Its called transmission I think, and it comes with most distros.

Interesting. I will look into unix platforms tonight.

This laptop is pretty awesome, I personally think, for the price I paid.

Hi,

I'm looking for a new computer. I need something I can lug from place to place, hence the laptop. But I don't need it to be light, and I don't need good battery life. However, I do want a computer that runs SL well, and can handle 3D modeling. SL's the most graphics heavy thing I run. I'd like a laptop with a dedicated graphics card if I can get it, but my budget is $500-$600 dollars. Gaming laptops tend to run $1000 and up, so they're out. I've tried looking for more mainline lappies with dedicated graphics, but I haven't had any luck. Does anyone know of a site that could help? Or even better, a laptop model that might fit my requirements?

Newsletter Software

Back
Top Bottom