new video card for a prebuilt computer

Globus

Beta member
I got a "Hp pavilion p6203-w b bundle" for christmas/birthday and I'm trying to replace the video card in it but theres a problem. My friend gave me his old 7900GT but its to big for the slot and can't use it. The GPU in it already is a 6150 Intergrated graphics. I have been looking around and found out that I can use a PCI Express x16 video card (Correct me if I'm wrong) and was looking at this.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162022
(also is this gpu better than the one already in my computer)

Before I buy this I was wanting some extra help to figure out if this will work/fit in my computer.

I'll post the EVEREST system info when I get a chance.

Also inside the tower it looks like the mobo is on upside down, from what I've seen the cpu is always on top but in this computer its on the bottom, but Idk if its just how they do pre built computers.

Don't worry about the motherboard position. Just use your eyes and your head and it will make sense where the graphics card goes. It's basically a nobrainer. Also, that graphics card is great. It's literally like a million times better than the integrated graphics on the motherboard.

Don't worry about the motherboard position. Just use your eyes and your head and it will make sense where the graphics card goes. It's basically a nobrainer. Also, that graphics card is great. It's literally like a million times better than the integrated graphics on the motherboard.

Okay thanks for the info, but do you think the new video card will fit since the 7900GT didn't?

Okay thanks for the info, but do you think the new video card will fit since the 7900GT didn't?

To be honest, I'm surprised that the 7900GT didn't fit since it's not a very big card. I have 2 7950GT's in my build. But yes, it will fit. Also, an FYI, all graphics cards at least an inch or two bigger than the slot itself.

Back
Top Bottom