Which Windows 7 upgrade?

returnofsid

Beta member
I'm sooo confused....lol.

So, there's 7 versions of Windows 7 available. Then I go to BB's website and there's 9 options. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstempl...c=abcat0508000

I currently have 2 computers, Desktop and Laptop, both running Vista Home Premium. Sooo, which Win. 7 upgrade do I want? I also understand there's a Family Pack, which would enable me to install on up to 3 computers? Otherwise, I'd need to buy 2, 1 for each computer.

Also, should I do a clean install of Vista, BEFORE upgrading to Win 7?

If both PCs are running Vista Home Premium then you can only upgrade to Windows 7 Home Premium. Also, it matters if it's the 32 or 64 bit version. In other words you can't upgrade from a 32 bit version to a 64 bit version and vice versa.

So far, I understand that I have to upgrade from 32 bit Home Premium to 32 bit Home Premium.

However, am I better off buying the family pack, which would allow me to upgrade both computers, with 1 purchase?

Also, any advice on the install? Should I back up both computers, to my external HD and then do a clean Vista install FIRST?

So far, I understand that I have to upgrade from 32 bit Home Premium to 32 bit Home Premium.

However, am I better off buying the family pack, which would allow me to upgrade both computers, with 1 purchase?

Also, any advice on the install? Should I back up both computers, to my external HD and then do a clean Vista install FIRST?

You should back up both systems whether you're doing a clean Vista install first or not. That's just a good idea whenever you're changing the OS in any way. As far as the family pack, just go with whatever is cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom