Uber Rig Build

CCC

Beta member
Hi guys,
Looking to build my next rig (dont worry have done it before !)
Have an almost unlimited budget, as putting it through the company, And was wondering what you think of this, and if there is anything that you would change for the better ?:

Case - Lian-LI TYR PC-X2000
PSU - Tagan pipe rock TG1100
MOBO - EVGA Classified Intel X58
Processor - Intel I7 975 3.33
RAM - Corsair dominator 1600 8-8-8-24
HD1 - Samsung PB22-J 128GB SSD
HD2 - WD Caviar Green 1.5GB 64mb cache
GPU - Geforce GTX 295
Sound - Asus xonar HDAV 1.3
Wireless - ??? need N+
TV Card - Compro Videomate e900f Dual Tuner
Bluray/dvd burner - ???

Any advice/comments appreciated

Chris

How much RAM is that?

Don't go Blu-ray since they aren't all that well since they are still new. Just get a normal DVD/CD combo drove that is really nice. That's all that is coming to mind ATM.

How much RAM is that?

Don't go Blu-ray since they aren't all that well since they are still new. Just get a normal DVD/CD combo drove that is really nice. That's all that is coming to mind ATM.

Sorry 12GB

Was hoping bluray for playback only not burning ?

Chris

hell, if it's unlimited..... don't forget the 42" screen (at least)

Already have current one going through 42" Samsung ;)

Chris

if its unlimited.
get a HD 5970 instead of a 295..

I prefer Nvidia ... but can be swayed ?!

Chris

the 5970 is over twice as powerful as a gtx 295 and the 5970 runs DX11 and eye-infinity

Thats quite a good reason then !!
Is there anything on the list which is going to gets its arse whooped over the next 6 months ?

Chris

nvidia is releasing fermi in mid spring im assuming pricing to be hell of expensive im talking 400-600

Oh dear God. Nivida has to release something ELSE?! Gah this is crazy. And it's probably not going to be that great either. Sure it might be good, but common. I am going to ATI when I build a new computer in a couple of years or when I upgrade my graphics cards. Nvidia has turned to a pile of crap. Eventually they will get their game on, but that's just not now.

Back
Top Bottom