Windows Media Center Disappears?

korvinblue

Solid State Member
WTF? I'm running Win7 64-bit Pro, I was going to use Windows Media Center to watch movies and I can't find it ANYWHERE! No through the Start Menu Search bar, not in the All Programs, I was surfing through my Explorer all day, and nothing! I remember using before.

I tried Windows update, nothing. I looked through Microsoft's Downloads websites, nothing. Anyone know what to do?

(Since I'm asking a question already, anybody know that free software that can color code your hard drive's disk space usage? I can't believe it, but I'm using up almost all my 500GB HDD)

The Professional version of Windows 7 may not have Media Center included. To find out for sure go to Control Panel\Programs and Features\Turn Windows features on or off. If it's not listed there then you're probably out of luck.

The Professional version of Windows 7 may not have Media Center included. To find out for sure go to Control Panel\Programs and Features\Turn Windows features on or off. If it's not listed there then you're probably out of luck.

Pro has WMC. I used it. That's why I said it disappeared. MS learned from Vista to not remove features as you go up the product line.

Pro has WMC. I used it. That's why I said it disappeared. MS learned from Vista to not remove features as you go up the product line.

So I take it you looked in the area I suggested and it wasn't there (enabled or disabled)?

Try opening a Run dialogue box and entering "c:\windows\ehome\ehshell.exe" or just look in this location to see if "ehshell.exe" exists.

So I take it you looked in the area I suggested and it wasn't there (enabled or disabled)?

Try opening a Run dialogue box and entering "c:\windows\ehome\ehshell.exe" or just look in this location to see if "ehshell.exe" exists.

Well, that worked. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom