Class presentation tomorrow.

the topic above sounds good , The advantages of building your own PC
Or maybe something like building custom pc's not as hard as you think
keep the title short and sweet is my only real advice there
maybe even a rhetorical question like who wants to save $xxx? ive found rhetorical questions to be quite advantageous in situations like this , at law school i had to do a speech on the disadvantages of the jury system and i opened with a title of who would let 12 people youd never met take the fate of your life into their hands ?

i agree with what someone else mentioned about not mentioning any particular brand or if you do mention a group of brands so for instance building your own v purchasing a dell emachines hp or acer pre assembled computer , that way it dosent sound like you are against one particular brand

Another things with questions is if you have a very good speech which addresses universa truths the question answering gives you a chance to address peoples individual issues

Maybe also produce some facts people love facts when you are trying to persuade them , for instance this computer cost $800 to buy from dell however you can buold the same machine yourself for $xxx however you get a much more customisable computer choosing your own case , operating system etc etc

I dont mean to be sexist either here but if the class is full of girls and non tech savvy people all the talk of i7's and multiple gpu technology with insanely overclocked watercool rigs might be lost on these people however if you make it about something that a lot of people care about like asthetics then you can grab attention , and what is more asthetically pleasing on a compter than having a case that looks good which is someting that is highly customisable with there being thousands of case choices , seeing as asthetics is a very subjective topic why let the likes of dell or hp decide what looks good and what your expensive computer system should look like

another universal truth for people is that its part of human nature to want to have something unique or rare for instance sighned memorbillia collectors and you can get this by building a fully customised computer

the topic above sounds good , The advantages of building your own PC
Or maybe something like building custom pc's not as hard as you think , keep the title short and sweet is my only real advice there , maybe even a rhetorical question like who wants to save $xxx?

i agree with what someone else mentioned about not mentioning any particular brand or if you do mention a group of brands so for instance building your own v purchasing a dell emachines hp or acer pre assembled computer , that way it dosent sound like you are against one particular brand

Another things with questions is if you have a very good speech which addresses universa truths the question answering gives you a chance to address peoples individual issues

Maybe also produce some facts people love facts when you are trying to persuade them , for instance this computer cost $800 to buy from dell however you can buold the same machine yourself for $xxx however you get a much more customisable computer choosing your own case , operating system etc etc

I dont mean to be sexist either here but if the class is full of girls and non tech savvy people all the talk of i7's and multiple gpu technology with insanely overclocked watercool rigs might be lost on these people however if you make it about something that a lot of people care about like asthetics then you can grab attention , and what is more asthetically pleasing on a compter than having a case that looks good which is someting that is highly customisable with there being thousands of case choices , seeing as asthetics is a very subjective topic why let the likes of dell or hp decide what looks good and what your expensive computer system should look like

another universal truth for people is that its part of human nature to want to have something unique or rare for instance sighned memorbillia collectors and you can get this by building a fully customised computer

All great points to use.

I cant start practicing until I finish this one page double space outline that I haven't even started working on yet, i need to hand it in tomorrow, my brain usually stops working around 9pm and its 8:30pm now. So need to get to work. I think the outline will be pretty much everything you mentioned in your 1st post, just need to clear it up some :)

Yer you might want to order it up a bit better i admit i wasnt writing as an organised outline for you i just put my ideas down as they come to my head which is what i normally do when writing anything then clean it up later on

I find i work better later at night , for instance its about 1:30 am here and thats when i work best its quieter , dark outside so i dont wanna be out on the bike or anything and people have usually stopped calling /texting by now

Back
Top Bottom