remotely connecting different computer in different state.

keegan

Solid State Member
I need to see my family member desktop and help install software and troubleshoot for him .

I have heard of PC Anywhere but i want like a 30 day trial , is there any other software out there i can try out ?

How bout in our OS ? Is there a way i can see his desktop if im using windows 7 and he's using windows vista home ?

we both have PC , new computers

- i have windows 7
- he has windows vista home

Try LogMeIn. For what you are doing, the free version will work just fine and there's no trial limit. The full version is if you want to do file transfers and such, but you shouldn't need to do that.

Good luck!

I concur.

I use Logmein (free) to help family and friends.

It works a treat. If you are installing software you will probably need the other party on the phone for restarts but I guess that's the same for any other means of connecting computers.

BTW if works between 7 and XP - and 7 and Vista.

THanks guys , very much appreciated .

Trying to figure out which one will work for me as well....I would like to leave my computer on and when i go out of town , which software can allow me to access my computer remotely without asking permission because if im not at my house then how can i accept the invite when i try to log into my computer remotely when out of town ?

With VNC, you don't have to be at the host computer to grant access. It's just simply a password to enter for access. I don't know about the other programs.

With VNC, you don't have to be at the host computer to grant access. It's just simply a password to enter for access. I don't know about the other programs.

i have used TIGHT VNC , is that what your using ? You have to install the software on both machines right ? The server has to be running at all times while the VIEWER remotely logs into the server ?

i have used TIGHT VNC , is that what your using ? You have to install the software on both machines right ? The server has to be running at all times while the VIEWER remotely logs into the server ?
I'm using realvnc and yeah you have to have the software on both machines and the server has to be running when you want to log into it with vnc viewer.

I'm using realvnc and yeah you have to have the software on both machines and the server has to be running when you want to log into it with vnc viewer.

just downloaded REALVNC but to access files , install printers, etc you have to purchase it after 30 days right ?

Also , i have 5 computers at home with 192 ip addresses ...From remotely how do i want to access a certain computer if the ISP address lets say is 64.12. etc from whatismyip. com

Will this software know which computer i want to access ?

Back
Top Bottom