AGP slot not recognized

You need to either try the video card in another computer to see if it works, or get another agp video card that you know works and try it in your motherboard and then get back to us.

There isn't any reason why the agp slot should be disabled. Of course it could be bad but that's why you need to test your parts.

What motherboard make / model have you got? If you Google around with this you might be able to find people with similar issues. I certainly haven't heard of any manufacturers disabling the AGP port outright on their boards (what would be the point?) but it might be worth having a look at some BIOS updates just in case it is a known issue with a fix...

If you can download the drivers on a different computer and save them to a flash drive, you might be able to use them on the other computer.

so I ran BiosAgentPlus and it lists

Intel(R) 82865G/PE/P/GV/82848P Processor to AGP Controller - 2571

under 'Disconnected Devices'... anything I can do?

Well if you don't have a AGP card in, then it will show up as disconnected since there's no card present. If you have the AGP card in and it still shows up as disconnected, it'd make me wonder if the card was dead.

If the description was said to be untested, then it could be fried, but in some cases, I ended up a BIOS flash to get my PCI-E slot to work. Don't ask why, it just happened.

So, I'd say to try another video card that your friends or family could have, and if you ever try it and it works, then good, but if it doesn't, then consider looking for a BIOS flash.

If you can't get your hands on one, try taking your GPU to another person's PC and test it. Another thing you could do is to run to your local shop and have them test it.

Back
Top Bottom