Random Chit Chat

Here's what I would do, and what you're probably thinking of: Get a fan controller and the highest RPM model of the fan you want. That allows you to turn it up when you stress your rig and turn it down when not needed.

That was where I was at with my rear fan. 4k 120x38 for the rear to move some serious air when needed. And dual 3k 120x38's for the rad.

well my wireless router bricked itself today. I cannot even get into the settings for firmware or anything and the power light is flashing. It's a linksys wrt 350n

well my wireless router bricked itself today. I cannot even get into the settings for firmware or anything and the power light is flashing. It's a linksys wrt 350n
Are you using stock firmware or do you have it flashed with DD-WRT or Tomato?

I think you can install DD-WRT through TFTP (?) which apparently sometimes still works when the router is bricked. Might want to take a look at the DD-WRT forums and ask there, the WRT54G/WRT54GL is the most prominent router on the forums but if the WRT350N is supported (not sure) it might help, and it's a much better firmware than stock anyway.

Probably redundant, but have you tried holding in the reset button for 5 seconds when it's plugged in, then unplugging for 5 seconds keeping the button held in, then keep holding for 5-10 more seconds after you plug it back? (unplug and plug in basically while holding reset the whole time) Worked for me when I had some problems flashing it.

I had stock fw and just woke up this morning and the internet didn't work then i noticed the power light blinking on the router. Everywhere i look online says this happens when a firmware update fails but I haven't tried to upgrade the firmware. I might look into that dd wrt I really do not understand how to get it on to a bricked router. places just say you have to tftp it to the router. I tried that with the stock fw and it didn't work. I need to find a place with clear instructions that are easy to understand most just talked about how to do it in win98, 2000, and xp but not 7

1/1000th of what our administration can spend in a month on...what again?

On another note: I want to take my proc further than 4.0 :| I think I can get to about 4.2 before it starts getting upset. Unfortunately, because of my block, temps on core get up into the mid 60's to 70's

I'm thinking of doing a few modifications on my truck. On the outside I'm planning on putting cab lights on the roof like the picture below... And in the interior, changing out all the light bulbs inside the cab (ones under the dash that come on when the door's open, glove box, roof dome light) to blue (see the second picture). But how should run the wiring for the roof cab lights? I'm not sure how I am going to run the wiring for them without looking ugly as h*ll. Ideas or comments? :)
cab%20lights%20f150.jpg
S7300617.jpg

The blue would get really annoying when you need a proper light for something to read by, trust me on that.

Back
Top Bottom