Random Chit Chat

all the games that say not installed I deleted off my comp yesterday I had them all installed then I'm like idk ill uninstall em since I haven't played them in forever

steamf.jpg

Quick Question!

How many Watts does the average Case Fan use?

lets say... if i want to control up to 6 case fans, how many watts total, and per channel, would you say to be plenty?

Not many at all, unless they are very high RPM/static pressure. Why do you ask? My Masscool 80MM high RPM ones are 1.8W. (You take amps x volts. In my case, .15a * 12v = 1.8W).

Not many at all, unless they are very high RPM/static pressure. Why do you ask? My Masscool 80MM high RPM ones are 1.8W. (You take amps x volts. In my case, .15a * 12v = 1.8W).

checkn out some fan controllers recently.

and they would be driving around 6 fans id think.
atleast 3 would be the 3000 xtreme fan.
http://www.xoxide.com/aerocool-xtreme-turbine-3000.html
though i see it says 6 watts.

right now my last 5.25 bay is just a space filler, and my switch for my CCFLs is mounted in it, using a little black dashboard rocker switch.
think there would be a way to controll the CCFLs hooked up to a fan controller, and just use one of the fan ports to power the CCFLs so i could still turn them on and off? without putting the switch back to the rear of the case..

checkn out some fan controllers recently.

and they would be driving around 6 fans id think.
atleast 3 would be the 3000 xtreme fan.
http://www.xoxide.com/aerocool-xtreme-turbine-3000.html
though i see it says 6 watts.

right now my last 5.25 bay is just a space filler, and my switch for my CCFLs is mounted in it, using a little black dashboard rocker switch.
think there would be a way to controll the CCFLs hooked up to a fan controller, and just use one of the fan ports to power the CCFLs so i could still turn them on and off? without putting the switch back to the rear of the case..

I have all of my CCFLs controlled on my fan controller. Last time I inquired about the whole wattage thing, people told me not to worry about it. If your fan controller is cheap, don't worry about the wattage limit. I'm over watts on all my channels I think and mines doing fine. I spent 30 bucks on it and if it dies, it dies I guess. I've got the Zalman zm-mfc1.

Want me to walk you through how I have my CCFLs wired?

Also, why are you so intent on buying $20 case fans?

Back
Top Bottom