Best free Internet to download

IronMan001

Solid State Member
Hi everyone,

Just have a couple questions regarding the the computer.

- I have Windows XP

I have been trying different types of internet openers such as:

- Google Chrome;
- Firefox etc...

I just noticed they have a new one out called Safari. What is the best one for speed and security?

Cheers,
Chris.

Safari isn't new. Its been around on the Apple Macintosh's for ages!

My favourite is Firefox, but apparently, Chrome is one of the most used at the moment as well.

Firefox updates very regularly, so I feel safer using it.

As far as browsers are concerned, ALWAYS stay away from Internet Explorer. Safari is Apple's version of Internet Explorer. I recommend Google Chrome to all my clients because of security (over IE), browser layout and skinning ability. Firefox would be the alternate if necessary. I believe Google Chrome requires SP3 on XP FYI.

They're called browsers, not internet openers ;) Just a point if you search around for anything, you'll get far more luck by using the proper terminology!

Firefox is the most used by people who know what they're talking about and not without good reason. It's mature, secure, stable, fast and has a wealth of add ons and community support should you need to do something it doesn't support out of the box.

Chrome is great - but hasn't got the same amount of plugins out there that firefox has and is still fairly new out there. I have used it and it's very good - but I rely on a fair few firefox plugins so I'm sticking with that for the moment.

All in all, if you stick with firefox or chrome then you really can't go too wrong :)

As far as browsers are concerned, ALWAYS stay away from Internet Explorer. Safari is Apple's version of Internet Explorer. I recommend Google Chrome to all my clients because of security (over IE), browser layout and skinning ability. Firefox would be the alternate if necessary. I believe Google Chrome requires SP3 on XP FYI.

I wouldn't say you need to stay away from IE. I use it everyday. I've used firefox and chrome and both are fine. They don't browse the web any faster and aren't any better in my opinion.

firefox. As soon as I found out about it, it was the only thing I use. If you use IE and get an error loading a page 90% of the time firefox has no problem.

with firefox, be sure to take a look at all the "addons" that you can get. Flashgot is great and stumble will kill 3 hours before you know it!

I keep hearing about chrome and i have not tried it yet. I think I just fear change, but I hear only good things.

Back
Top Bottom