Interesting methods of moderation

well, i mean establish yourself as a member, contribute a little, show your not really a spammer, but a true person, then drop the bomb on them, instead of doing it in your first post ever lol.

Well, taken care of lol

http://www.trustedtradesmen.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=18455&PID=262237#262237

I hope to break your record. T-Minus 23minutes.....................
1263174110843.jpg

haha, owned.

Hahaha

I Say we all spam them :D
for how much fun that does sound, and i mean, come on, CF>TH

but this isnt 4chan so...lol.

Well, taken care of lol

http://www.trustedtradesmen.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=18455&PID=262237#262237

I hope to break your record. T-Minus 23minutes.....................

Personally, I don't think making that thread was smart. Tom probably could have appealed before that. Sure one of their members made a dick of themselves with the "Fook You" but still...

And I hope you guys are just joking about spamming them, but just in case: If you do spam them, I will ban you. We are not 4chan.

Personally, I don't think making that thread was smart.
I agree. At the end of the day I can see where they were coming from, on the face of it it may well have looked like spam to them. I'd certainly have to think twice about whether such a post here was spam or not coming from a first time user.

I'm not saying their reaction was correct, but realistically if it were me in your situation I would've contacted a moderator, explained the situation, and perhaps complained (formally) that I didn't think their methods were fair or very reasonable - perhaps asking them to introduce some form of warning system before an outright permanent ban. You'd be surprised at the reaction this approach has sometimes - it's definitely got a higher success rate than starting other threads saying how crap they all are, and may even get an apology from some of the more reasonable mods / members.

I daresay some members of that forum are looking back at this thread now and thinking they did the right thing. In a jokey sense or not, talking about spamming them, going to 4chan and creating other threads slagging them off really isn't going to give the best of impressions...!

Back
Top Bottom