Unable to Burn DVDs

Dalatinl

Beta member
I have a HP Pavillion a1230n with a HP DVD Writer 740b. Every year for the past 4yrs around this time I use it to burn DVDs with Sonic. For some reason, I cannot burn a DVD but I am able to burn CDs. The Sonic program goes through the usual steps of Transcoding, etc. but when it gets to the 'Write' step, it errors out and ejects the DVD. I get one of the following errors stating:

a) unknown error 2130906240 -4
or
b) unknown error 2130935812 -4

The blank media I am using is the same package I used last year (Sony DVD+R 4.7GB 1x-16x) and I set the write speed to 4x (the only option available to me).

I would really appreciate any help with this problem.

Thanks cboucher. That really helped and I was able to burn a DVD, but only one at a time. Usually, I can make several copies at once without having to go through the Transcoding process each time, but after the first copy it error'd out. I am starting to think this might be a hardware issue and my DVD burner is starting to die out on me.......any thoughts?

It very well could be failing. DVD/CD drives are basically a throw away item. I'm not sure if I have any other suggestions for you to try, but someone else might. If you want to order a new DVD burner, just let us know. They are very cheap and almost anyone can install them!

Back
Top Bottom