PC won't wake up from hibernation.

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
This is getting extremely frustrating!

When ever my PC goes to hibernation, it won't wake up. The PC would start back up if you would to press a button on the keyboard, but the monitor wouldn't display a picture. I then have to hold the power button to get it restarted. This feature was working fine when I had 9800GTX, but now with ATI 5870 it doesn't work.

ASUS P6T V2 Deluxe
My BIOS are 0610

Please help

Did you try seeing if your old nVidia drivers are uninstalled? It may be causing some conflicts with hibernation if they are not.

Also, is the graphics card all the way plugged in and are both pci-e power plugs in?

Have you tried turing hibernation on and then off again?

Checked jumper settings and the like?

Checked your wattage and make sure you have enough to run a card as big as the 5870?

Do you have any software on your computer that might cause it to not come out hibernation?

And have you checked other forums and the web too see if this problem is common and if so, how it is fixed.

Did you try seeing if your old nVidia drivers are uninstalled? It may be causing some conflicts with hibernation if they are not.

Also, is the graphics card all the way plugged in and are both pci-e power plugs in?

Have you tried turing hibernation on and then off again?

Checked jumper settings and the like?

Checked your wattage and make sure you have enough to run a card as big as the 5870?

Do you have any software on your computer that might cause it to not come out hibernation?

And have you checked other forums and the web too see if this problem is common and if so, how it is fixed.

I have 800W PSU which is sufficient. What is the name of the hibernation setting in BIOS? Everything else that you mentioned been double checked.

How did you uninstall your old gfx drivers? Did you follow proper procedure?

By using add remove option in CP and then Driver Sweeper in safe mod.

Back
Top Bottom