My new Computer turns off and on by itself

I'm still wondering if these people connected the jumpers for the front buttons correctly. I'll try and dig up your MB and see what I can find out about the MB leads for the connections. It WILL require some investigative work on your part.

Also, as just a second thing, it very well could be the PSU, but we just don't know. Can you give some specifics on it. Brand and model, please.

In addition, please make sure you have power to the GPU. It should still boot without it though (and crash in Windows when graphic intense work begins) from what I have heard. BTW, what GPU are you using?

have you tried doing what i said above?

i had a laptop with a very similar problem. it just wouldnt boot up if it was cold/hadnt been on in over an hour. try to turn on the computer and just let it run for a few minutes, see if that helps with anything. do you get to the BIOS screen and if you do then how far does the loading bar go before it restarts?

it jus stays blank. I also let it run for about 5 mins and it kept doing the same. I don't want to let it do it too long in case it does have some kind of short.

Devil 'puter. ...thinks to self "Must get shot gun..." LOL.

Try unplugging everything that doesn't need to be plugged in and then try turning on. If that doesn't solve things, check the back of your PSU and check to see if the power supply has a regulator switcher. It has to be set 115 volts if your in the US. Your computer will malfunction or not turn on if it's incorrectly set.

Also, you haven't touched anything while the computer was running have you?

Thank you very much for everything Dude! I got your link and reviewed every single part of the manuals and found out what the problems was. I knew it was something simple!

The mobo has four slots for memory, and I was only using two for 2x2gb. There are two sets of blue slots and two sets of white slots. The manual specifies that if you are using only two, you should use the white slots only, but whoever built the system placed the two sticks in the blue slots.

According to the manual placing the two sticks in the white slots allows Dual Channel Memory Technology.

I just got the computer running, but I hope I didn't mess something else trying to fix it.

Thanks to all who responded!

Back
Top Bottom