Case Log - PowerUP ATX Black

You mean like how my case used to be?

IMG_7127-1.jpg

It was nice. Makes for the perfect exhaust for GPU's that don't exhaust heat outside of the case. All that's gone now though, instead a radiator is there. May not be as clean, but I'm happy with it.

IMG_7315.jpg

Any reason why you decided on this? I guess, I've always been one to assume heat rises so I've never understood the whole PSU at the bottom thing...?

To be quite honest, that doesn't apply with computers. When you have air flowing through a specific path (described by the location of your intake and exhaust) there is no time for hot air to rise...

note::It would be really cool if they made windtunnels for computer case.

Any reason why you decided on this? I guess, I've always been one to assume heat rises so I've never understood the whole PSU at the bottom thing...?

Looks very good though! You should've painted it all black while it was disassembled.

He wanted an inverted case without spending money. I had the tools so we tried to pull it off with great success, I'd say. And he very much likes the look of inverted cases. Really, I'd have to say Cabbs and Culexor were the inspirations to this mod.

We are going to paint it black. He wants it to be completely black with red cathodes. and LED fans.

But really, the major upside of performing this mod is the advantage to flow. The stock design of this case for flow is fairly poor. The front has NO mesh in the bays for any air to flow and the only intakes for this case are on the side and in the HDD bay. So with the stock design air has to travel quite a ways to flow properly and "cool-ly" across the GPU, CPU, and PSU. Flow is hard to explain in words, so really only a picture can explain it.

Again, please excuse misuse of grammar or improper spelling. I'm still very tired :|.

To be quite honest, that doesn't apply with computers. When you have air flowing through a specific path (described by the location of your intake and exhaust) there is no time for hot air to rise...

note::It would be really cool if they made windtunnels for computer case.

I guess that's probably true.

You could try some of that fake smoke stuff (I saw it somewhere on a home improvement show to check for drafts and such)...suck it in the front intake and see where it goes (prob only work if you had a plexi panel and could see in..but most do).

He wanted an inverted case without spending money. I had the tools so we tried to pull it off with great success, I'd say. And he very much likes the look of inverted cases. Really, I'd have to say Cabbs and Culexor were the inspirations to this mod.

We are going to paint it black. He wants it to be completely black with red cathodes. and LED fans.

But really, the major upside of performing this mod is the advantage to flow. The stock design of this case for flow is fairly poor. The front has NO mesh in the bays for any air to flow and the only intakes for this case are on the side and in the HDD bay. So with the stock design air has to travel quite a ways to flow properly and "cool-ly" across the GPU, CPU, and PSU. Flow is hard to explain in words, so really only a picture can explain it.

Again, please excuse misuse of grammar or improper spelling. I'm still very tired :|.

Sounds like it's gunna be sick dude!!

He has a lot of insight for modifications. It's just a shame he doesn't have any tools to work with.

He'll be posting pictures soon when he gets his OS up and downloads off of his camera.

I wasn't completely happy with the turnout of the cable management and was in a bit of a rush to get it setup. If it were my case, I would have done a hell of a lot more in the way of mods for proper management.

Look forward to see how it looks all black, should be pretty sick. If he wants to spend the money, I'd look into powdercoating.

Back
Top Bottom