Case Log - PowerUP ATX Black

Grantofhell

Fully Optimized
In a few moments, I'll be posting a few pictures from the complete transformation this case under went. I've also been, so give me a bit of a break.

Stock Case: PowerUP ATX Black.

P1010159.jpg

^ This is before any work started.

P1010160.jpg

Panels off

P1010161-1.jpg

Same

P1010167.jpg

^ Inverted ATX

P1010182.jpg

Finito. There will be more detailed pics later.

EDITL: Forgot the finish the sentence: Give me a break. I've been over 30 hours without sleep now.

You basically turn the mobo and rear panel assembled upside-down. So that the PSU would be on thebottom (from a normal ATX case) and the, the CPU socket would be at the bottom and so would the RAM. And PCI bays are at the top. Also, the case opens from the right.

"How you do it" is completely different per the case. Some requires light modding and drilling a where others take heavy modding and drilling. I'd say this one was in-between.

Any reason why you decided on this? I guess, I've always been one to assume heat rises so I've never understood the whole PSU at the bottom thing...?

Looks very good though! You should've painted it all black while it was disassembled.

Any reason why you decided on this? I guess, I've always been one to assume heat rises so I've never understood the whole PSU at the bottom thing...?

Looks very good though! You should've painted it all black while it was disassembled.

Exhaust fan above the graphics card and that problem is solved.

I suppose. I guess maybe it's just me that's ass backwards. I say that "heat rises" yada yada, yet, I COMPLETELY and UTTERLY hate top exhaust fans. I just think they look ugly on /most/ cases. Mostly due to pathetic designs (IMHO).

I suppose. I guess maybe it's just me that's ass backwards. I say that "heat rises" yada yada, yet, I COMPLETELY and UTTERLY hate top exhaust fans. I just think they look ugly on /most/ cases. Mostly due to pathetic designs (IMHO).

then make your own blow hole lol

About the only ones that look good are the ones where the steel/aluminum has been bee-hived (idk what you wanna call it) and the fans are attached underneath. All those case that add extra crap on top piss me off. Not only do /I/ think they look bad, it means I can't sit crap on top (like my external) because it would have an odd shape.

Back
Top Bottom