I have a question about a PSU...

airsoftkid

In Runtime
I'm looking for a PSU for my BTX Gateway FX series Desktop case, and mBTX Intel Motherboard.

If someone could recommend one that would work for me? I've not really worried with different types of PSU's before, the one's I've already had on hand had always worked, but those got a little too old this time.

I need around 500 Watts, and 24 pins. Also a good price, if someone could recommend one, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks Atomic Rooster, I'm going to check it out right now, though I'm not 100% sure of the power I need in it. Maybe you could help with that?

I'm planning on having 2-3 Gigs of DDR2 RAM, 3.2 Ghz P4 Processor, 256-512 Megabyte Graphics card, no neon lights or anything, also a DVD/CD-writer combo drive.

Thanks

It really depends on the video card you are planning to use. Many of today's high end cards do require around 500W or so.

Yes it will fit. Power supplies, for the most, will fit in just about any case.

And may I make a suggestion of my own. Rosewill Green Power 550 Watt - $50 US. It has 1 big powerful rail to power heavy graphics cards.

So it doesn't matter if it's ATX or BTX?

Alright, well, thanks for sure guys, this has been really helpful to me.

After further review, A standard ATX PSU should fit that case.

From Antec:
How about BTX power supplies?

There is no BTX power supply specification. Future BTX chassis will incorporate ATX12V v2.0 power supplies. So don't worry—Antec has you covered.

Back
Top Bottom