My first computer build!

hoohoo

Baseband Member
Well I build my first computer ever. Can someone tell me if these specs are good? I want to run good games like crysis. I know most of them are not, but what I'm mainly concerned about is the motherboard. I wanted a good motherboard so I can always upgrade.
So here are the specs:
Case: ATX ALPHA XBLADE WITH LCD SCREEN THAT DISPLAYS TEMPERATURE OF DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE SYSTEM BLACK AND COMES WITH 450W POWER SUPPLY
http://jackdrew.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/xblade.jpg

CPU: INTEL CELERON DUAL CORE E3200 2.40G/800/1M/S775 [I DON'T THINK THIS IS TOO GOOD BUT I'M NOT SURE AND I PLAN ON UPGRADING]
http://www.ginger6.com/images/fullsize/big/101984.jpg

HARD DRIVE: SATA2 160.0 SEAGATE 7200.12 8M [I PLAN ON UPGRADING FOR OBVIOUS REASONS]

MOTHERBOARD: S775 ASUS P5KPL-CM G31 PCIE 1600MHZ [MY MAIN CONCERN]
http://www.serllavi.com/catalog/images/p5kpl_cm_01.jpg

OPTICAL DRIVE: DVD+/-RM LG SATA

RAM: KINGSTON KVR 667MHZ DDR2 1GB [THIS IS TEMPORARY, I'M GOING TO ADD ANOTHER 2G TO MAKE IT 3G]

All that for the price of 383.67$ [with tax]!

P.S. I FORGOT TO ADD THAT I'M ALSO GOING TO GET A VIDEO CARD BUT I'M NOT SURE WITCH ONE PLEASE RECOMMEND SOMETHING TO ME. IS THIS GOOD:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...130339&cm_re=9800_gtx+-_-14-130-339-_-Product

Additional Details
IF THE CPU IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR GAMING AND STUFF PLEASE TELL ME. I DON'T WANT TO UPGRADE FOR NOTHING!

I'M RUNNING WINDOWS 7.0

DON'T FORGET TO TELL ME IF THE POWER SUPPLY CAN HANDLE THE GRAPHICS CARD AND STUFF

a few things:
1. please dont type in caps
2. can you post links from whatever site that you're buying it from?
3. do you really need a case with a temp moniter? you dont want a case that comes with a power supply because normally they suck.

a few things:
1. please dont type in caps
2. can you post links from whatever site that you're buying it from?
3. do you really need a case with a temp moniter? you dont want a case that comes with a power supply because normally they suck.

1. sorry, i do it cause it makes it look more clean
2. uhhh... microbytes.com but if you show me on newegg.ca i might buy from there or find somewhere that they sell the same thing. i dont like to shop online.
3. no i dont but it looks sick. and yeah they might suck so i might get a better one later on when i need more watts.

Now that you have that information, can you help me?

1. sorry, i do it cause it makes it look more clean
2. uhhh... microbytes.com but if you show me on newegg.ca i might buy from there or find somewhere that they sell the same thing. i dont like to shop online.
3. no i dont but it looks sick. and yeah they might suck so i might get a better one later on when i need more watts.

Now that you have that information, can you help me?

1.Don't type in all caps, we don't want to read it, and we won't. (P.S. it doesn't look clean at all :D)
3. It's not all wattage, actually the wattage isn't important compared to other things. Remember that your power supply (PSU) is like your blood, if it fails, it takes everything with it.
Your call, spend an extra $80 now, or spend $400 later when you PSU craps out and takes your components with it.
Dude there are so many sick as hell cases why are you looking at that one? Look for one without a power supply. Trust me you'll find something you like :)

Yeah...I would give my opinion and all.

But I'm not going to unless you vow to get a decent power supply. I'm not going to have you coming back screaming that half the crap in your computer doesn't work in 2 months because your PSU failed and took everything with it.

I can suggest some PSUs for you, but otherwise...

Okay i'm going to get a decent power supply of like 600-700W. Can you recomand anything? Is my mother board good?

Canada, right? Wouldn't it be cheaper to get everything from one place? You're links are all over....

newegg.ca or microbytes are my links. i got an average budget. i want to be able to play like crysis for like the lowest cost.

average budget isnt much to go on, for me an average budget is $1000. for another person it might be $600.

Back
Top Bottom