Gran Turismo 5 vs Forza 3

I own Forza 3 and it is a lot like Forza 2 in terms of gameplay and setup. On the plus side, it really looks good. They did a great job modeling and detailing the cars as well as the environments. A great feature is the "rewind" where if you mess up and crash you have the option to rewind and take the corner or whatever again. It really helps in those endurance races where messing up can ruin everything for you.

Another awesome feature is the paint customization. I've already spent a few hours messing around with the layering system. It reminds me of Photoshop (although less extensive of course).
Finally, the AI seems to be better at offering more of a challenge but not the extent I would like to see. In normal mode they tend to do better at keeping the pressure on you and actively changing skill in realtime to compensate for your own skills but after a while it still becomes too easy. Step it up to the next difficulty level and it's a real struggle to keep up though.

I would have liked to see more cars available but all the core ones and a few surprises are still there. Also, as much as I hate to say it, I sort of wish they offered more racing events like drifting competitions or something (which does keep with the simulation factor) because the typical circuit racing gets old. I'm only a short way into the game and already it's getting boring for me.

I've always been a fan of Forza and gran turismo and played them all! Im not going to make any judgements yet but im pretty sure GT Will take the cake ;)

Have played (and now own) Forza 3, and i love it. With regards to GT5, i've not touched it but at GT4 stage i owned that and i wasn't a huge fan

forza has the proper sound for the 350z... i love that nissan growl...
gt5 hands down has the better visual... car looks ALOT more real.... no doubt...

IMO
GT5 wins for the simple fact that this is just a demo of the real game

I've been waiting for GT5 for a long long time. The Prologue just isn't cutting it. I didn't play GT1 nor GT2, but I fell absolutely in love with GT3. I didn't like GT4. GT5 has everything pointing toward a super hit. Let's hope it doesn't disappoint.

Back
Top Bottom