Need Advice on Processors

Hijack

Beta member
At the moment i have a Dell inspiron with

Intel T2050 1.6Ghz
IGB Ram
80Gb Hdd
Intel Media Accelerator (No Dedicated Graphics)

It's ok for day to day use but gaming is a no...and occasionally it just cant handle some of the aplications i'm running..as well as some other small hardware issues...

I'm quite good when it comes to computers' software but not as good with hardware so i need advice

So anyway I'm buying a new laptop....spending in the region of €1500...

So anyway...after some research...i have narrowed it down a choice of 3 laptops...all have roughly the same components for roughly the same price (Approx €1200 including Shipping) (I'm From Ireland so shipping from the US)...the only major difference really is the processor.

The Specs on the laptops' are...

6GB - 8GB ram DDR2/DDR3 (Depending on the processor)
1TB 7200RPM HDD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M with 1GB GDDR3 VRAM

Right well the 3 Different Procesors are

Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 (2.53GHz)1066MHz , 3MB L2 Cache
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9000 (2.00GHz)1066MHz, 6MB L2 Cache
Intel Core i7 i7-720QM, 1.60ghz (Base) 2.80GHz (Max with Turbo Boost), , 6MB L3 Cache

I want something for casual gaming and day to day use (i don't use a desktop) but will occasional need a lil extra performance when running certain simulations or when rendering....but i won't be really upgrading for at least 3 years if not longer so i want something that will not be outdated too quick and so am willing to pay a lil extra.....also i'm pretty sure i won't be over-clocking i really need to but i doubt i will

So which one would you people recommend...or even a different processor for roughly the same price..although i'd prefer Intel processors.

I say go with the quad. It's a good mix of performance between the C2D and i7

Back
Top Bottom