So I had surgery today!

So I'm sure some of you might remember my little incident with the Dry Ice back in September when something hit me in the face and put a hole below my lower lip. Well it had took around 1 week for the swelling to go down around my lip etc but underneath the outside cut there was a large bump. I just figured it still hadn't healed because at the bottom of that portion my mouth was actually also cut clean through on the inside of my lip. Well long story short after a month it didn't go away. It looked fully healed from the outside however all of the sudden it swelled up on the outside next to the cut and started to puss. Well I thought maybe the bump was going to drain out slowly so I just kept draining it.

So after 3 months it still hadn't gone down at all so I decided to schedule an appointment with a surgeon. He took me in and did some X-Rays but didn't find anything. He didn't want to cut it open from the outside and found a oral surgeon for me. And today was my appointment with him. So I go in and after he does a short examination he decides to take another X-Ray. This X-Ray doesn't show anything either so he decides to give me some Novocain and to go in and drain it from the inside. Well after the Novocain set in he poked the inside of my lip to see if it was numb. I told him I couldn't feel anything. He then pokes around and goes there is something hard in there.

A few seconds later he makes his incision and the next words I hear out of his mouth are HOLY SHIT! Then the nurse next to him running the suction thing to drain the blood goes OMG! I'm thinking this can't be good lol. I had my eyes closed as they were digging around because I can't handle seeing needles and other metal crap going towards my mouth. I open my eyes to see them pull this big piece of plastic out of my mouth. I couldn't believe how big this thing is.

I took a photo to show you what came out of my mouth today. All I can think is when I set that bomb off the right side of that plastic hit me right under my lip and when it hit my tooth it turned down and imbedded itself in my lip. I put a quarter under it to give you an idea of how big it is. The thickness is about 2 quarter on top of each other thick. Imagine having this in your lip for over 3 months. I'm so glad to finally get this out! Just a small 1” incision in my mouth to pull it out.

Pulledoutofface.jpg

Lol, words you don't want to here from your doctor.
That is pretty sick dude, makes for a nice story! xD

Ya it was pretty crazy lol! I never would have guessed it was that big. You couldn't even tell anything was wrong by looking at me unless I tried to smile. Because the location of it when I tried to smile you could see it bump up under my lip. The bottom of it was around the top of my chin and the top was right under the lip. I'm just so glad to finally get the damn thing out.

They gave me some antibiotics and some pain killers. It doesn't really hurt to much and thankfully the incision was made at the top of my mouth on the inside. When it originally happened the cut was at the very bottom and took forever to heal because anytime I'd try and eat it would stretch back open. I'm hoping it heals up pretty fast. I've got a check up with the doc next Thursday but it should be pretty well healed by then.

Lol, words you don't want to here from your doctor.
That is pretty sick dude, makes for a nice story! xD

How bout it! First thing I made sure to do was tell him not to throw it away because I wanted it lol.

thats awsome dude, my dad had his thumb swelling up and when the doctor cut it and drained it, he said it felt reliving instead of painful, im thinking this is what it did for you too, so thats good. Is there any chance i can get a link to the thread you made when it first happend? Im interested to hear the whole story.

thats awsome dude, my dad had his thumb swelling up and when the doctor cut it and drained it, he said it felt reliving instead of painful, im thinking this is what it did for you too, so thats good. Is there any chance i can get a link to the thread you made when it first happend? Im interested to hear the whole story.

Here is the original story on it. I deleted all the pictures I had posted up. Funny thing is that thread is dated September 15th. So I've had that in my mouth for almost 4 months now!

I can say I didn't feel anything when it was actually pulled out. The Novocain has warn off now. I took a pain killer but I can definitely notice a little more freedom in my mouth. I just can't wait for the inside to heal up so I can finally smile again. Anytime I tried to smile before it would look like I'm grinning at you because the one side with that piece of plastic wouldn't go down lol.

http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=90106

so... i hardly have time to really check the forums now day's and funny thing is... i remember when that happened... haha wow well i'm glad they were able to get it out and now everything is okay... did they cut from the inside of the lip or the outside??? hope not the outside... that would leave a scar! ha

Back
Top Bottom