what PSU wattage will be needed to crossfire two ATI HD5770's

oneshot1

Baseband Member
In the future i will end up crossfiring t wo ATI HD5770 graphics cards, im not sure what PSU wattage i should buy now to ensure that it will be enough for my system once the time comes.

450 Watt or greater power supply with one 75W 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors recommended (600 Watt and two 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireXTM technology in dual mode) I would personally get a minimum of 800w from a respected manufacturer(Corsair, Antec, OCZ, etc)

A 600W PSU by a decent manufacturer would be more than enough. The 5770s are very frugal.
I had an HD 4870 X2 running off a 600W PSU and that would suck up more power than HD 5770 CFX.

Remember that manufacturers also have to keep in mind the large amount of crap PSUs when they give their recommendations, so they are always on the safe side.

A 600W PSU by a decent manufacturer would be more than enough. The 5770s are very frugal.
I had an HD 4870 X2 running off a 600W PSU and that would suck up more power than HD 5770 CFX.

Remember that manufacturers also have to keep in mind the large amount of crap PSUs when they give their recommendations, so they are always on the safe side.

what about crossfiring two 5850s?

Back
Top Bottom