My build.. maybe? help!

ohhhhh, crap. Is DDR3 a lot better than DDR2?

I know that DDR3 runs at a lower voltage than DDR2. Also, DDR3 is mostly for Intel (more expensive than AMD) and it has a higher CAS latency than DDR2. CAS latency is the delay time between the moment a memory controller tells the memory module to access a particuler memory column on a RAM memory module, and the moment the data from given array location is availabe on the module's output pins. In addition, DDR3 has a higher command rate and a lower cycle time than DDR2.

I know that DDR3 runs at a lower voltage than DDR2. Also, DDR3 is mostly for Intel (more expensive than AMD) and it has a higher CAS latency than DDR2. CAS latency is the delay time between the moment a memory controller tells the memory module to access a particuler memory column on a RAM memory module, and the moment the data from given array location is availabe on the module's output pins. In addition, DDR3 has a higher command rate and a lower cycle time than DDR2.

Why thank you :) 1 question though: So should I just stick with DDR2 for now, or will that DDR3 be okay with my motherboard? :confused:

Why thank you :) 1 question though: So should I just stick with DDR2 for now, or will that DDR3 be okay with my motherboard? :confused:

It would be best if you stuck with DDR2. I would only switch to DDR3 if your into extreme gaming or using a workstation which I doubt you will considering your budget. Also, DDR3 is really expensive. For a 1GB DDR3 stick is probably twice or three times as much. Most likely with the processor you are getting, it will require DDR2 for the motherboard. :)

Cheers.

It would be best if you stuck with DDR2. I would only switch to DDR3 if your into extreme gaming or using a workstation which I doubt you will considering your budget. Also, DDR3 is really expensive. For a 1GB DDR3 stick is probably twice or three times as much. Most likely with the processor you are getting, it will require DDR2 for the motherboard. :)

Cheers.

Thanks, man!!

Cheers.

I'm gonna have to disagree. DDR2 RAM prices SHOT UP now. In early September I payed 54.99 for These sticks of RAM Now look at that price!!!! It went up 200%!!!!
Since your MOBO doesn't support DDR3 just go with DDR2 for now. But if you could get your hands on a DDR3 board, go for it :D

I'm gonna have to disagree. DDR2 RAM prices SHOT UP now. In early September I payed 54.99 for These sticks of RAM Now look at that price!!!! It went up 200%!!!!
Since your MOBO doesn't support DDR3 just go with DDR2 for now. But if you could get your hands on a DDR3 board, go for it :D

I didn't notice that they went up that much. :p Oh well. Well I might of meant for the 4GB RAM sticks. It is around $250 for some DDR3 ones, but i don't know for how much for DDR2 4GB RAM sticks.

I didn't notice that they went up that much. :p Oh well. Well I might of meant for the 4GB RAM sticks. It is around $250 for some DDR3 ones, but i don't know for how much for DDR2 4GB RAM sticks.

It's 90 for 4gb of DDR3 RAM with my link (on the first post) so I guess that's not too bad. Oh, and would you check this out for me, and tell me if it's legit? And if it's good for a computer?
4GB KIT 2 X 2GB PC4200 DDR2 533 PC4200 DDR2 RAM Memory

and is it fast enough speed, do you think?

OH, and this :)

SEAGATE ST3500641AS SATA hdd 500GB New w/1YEAR WARRANTY

Back
Top Bottom