Random Chit Chat

Its harder than you would think to find it, as I have the specialized ASUS one that was designed for overclocking.

For some reason every link to the BIOS is dead.

Just wondering, how do you crossfire a 4670? Every picture I've seen doesn't have a socket for the crossfire bridge, but they all say crossfire compatible.

Oh yeah, Foothead. This one is just for you. To relieve your suspense.

P1010157.jpg

Will do. I have a bit of an issue getting it mounted right now. I forgot to go to the hardware store and pick up some Velcro tape. I'll just leave it out for now. Gonna get an OS on it, etc.

Pre-tweak run with no OS.

OCZVertexTurbo30GBnotweakbench.png

I am a little disappointed to learn about the trouble to be had when doing RAID on the 790MCP. I am still looking to buy another one of these and RAID it, but am deterred by stories of those who have tried before me. But then again, it was the 790i Ultra. Though the MCP undertook no changes in the FTW version. Who knows...I might have to buy a controller card if I want to RAID them with good performance.

There are BIOS flashing programs. And some that can read directly from the card while it is operating and convert the language in a GUI so you can change the values.

I'm not sure if you can get the BIOS off of it, as it can't "read" to flash to the OS. It can only burn from OS. It's like flashing your normal BIOS for Nforce boards from Nvidia CP or the likes. But I imagine you could find your BIOS version and DL it.

Its harder than you would think to find it, as I have the specialized ASUS one that was designed for overclocking.

For some reason every link to the BIOS is dead.

Just wondering, how do you crossfire a 4670? Every picture I've seen doesn't have a socket for the crossfire bridge, but they all say crossfire compatible.

you dont have to download it. you have to download a program called winflash, once you get that, open GPU-Z, then next to the bios version theres an icon to make a workable copy of the bios, extract it to your desktop or where ever, then you open it with RBE(the bios editor) then you change the voltages or whatever you want, then you go to the bottom where it says flash bios, then you flash it to your card and reboot. Ill make a video if you want me too.

Back
Top Bottom