You guys are gonna love this, hidden "Godmode" feature in windows 7!

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
Here is the article

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10423985-56.html?tag=TOCmoreStories.0

But for lazy peeps who don't want to read it here's what you do:

Create a new folder.
Rename the folder as this:
GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

The icon changes and you get access to just about everything you can do to windows in one folder!

It's also supposed to work on 32 bit versions of Vista as well, but says it might cause 64 bit versions of Vista to crash.

works on 32 bit vista lol, what is this used for, isnt this everything thats in control panel?

LOL.
Not really 'God' mode. It's handy to have all the control in one folder so you don't have to go looking for it. It be nice to have on your personal computer, but it doens't seem all that practical to me. Especially not in terms of tech work, cuz by the time you create/remember or find the right name/search the folder you could have already been to the tool in it's normal spot.

Unless you could keep it on a flash drive you use for diagnostics, certainly works, is it giving me anything i can't get through control panel? I've only been using vista for a couple weeks

Thanks for posting this man. You about gave me a heart attack because it crashed my PC and even crashed safe mode. You need to put a better warning about 64 bit versions of Vista. This will render you're system useless unless you know how to go into the registry and manually remove it. I was really pissed off after I did this. I thought "it will crash vista" was just like an explore crash and a simple reboot. A simple reboot doesn't do shit and it will still be messed up even in safe mode. Luckily I got everything taken care of but seriously put a better disclaimer on this!

Like If you use Vista 64 bit and try this "YOU WILL FUCK YOUR SHIT UP".

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;998119 said:
Thanks for posting this man. You about gave me a heart attack because it crashed my PC and even crashed safe mode. You need to put a better warning about 64 bit versions of Vista. This will render you're system useless unless you know how to go into the registry and manually remove it. I was really pissed off after I did this. I thought "it will crash vista" was just like an explore crash and a simple reboot. A simple reboot doesn't do shit and it will still be messed up even in safe mode. Luckily I got everything taken care of but seriously put a better disclaimer on this!

Like If you use Vista 64 bit and try this "YOU WILL FUCK YOUR SHIT UP".

Wow. Language man.

And in the article it does give a warning. I don't think you can blame the poster for this. He said it crashes it, just like the article does.

Back
Top Bottom