Random Chit Chat

That's what I'm aiming at, but I'm not exactly sure why everyone is obsessed over 1080p. When you're viewing at a distance, most people can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p. Will I pay for that feature if the difference is negligible? Sure, but I'm not going to eliminate a good choice simply because the television is 720p.

It's nice to have the best features, but there's a point of diminishing returns when you're simply paying for the specification and not the actual feature.

I hope that makes sense.

Of course. I understand but I'd be a hypocrite to say I follow that.

I didn't /need/ a 790iFTW but I bought it because it because I liked the features I knew I'd never use.

EDIT: and as to why everyone is obsessed over 1080p? It's like what I said about LED TV's. Most people don't actually know what it is, but it sounds REALLY good so they just buy it. "HIDEF" is another one of those terms. You hear it so much that you think you're a caveman if your TV doesn't support the latest and greatest "HD" advancements that your cable box can't get to you anyways.

It just reminds me of those retarded "HD glasses" that they were selling for...guess? 19.95 on a blue-back commercial.

It does, I am just able to notice the lines on 720p TV's most of the time and it bothers me a lot, so I go with 1080p.

My steam account has been stuck at 'scanning for steam game updates...' for 2 hours now.

Arg. G'night gents.

Good luck finding a fitting tele, J. For only 30 dollars more, I'd go ahead and buy the Bravia 32" 1080p. Incase you actually do buy a media player to hook up to it that outputs that signal.

Oh and Foothead, just restart the update. Steam server may have reset and froze the check.

How far is your viewing distance?

well I don't have one so its usually at friends houses and such but I have to be about 10 feet away for it to not bother me.

Those look really good. Do you need 120 Hz on a TV that size though?

Well I read somewhere that the x2 card cannot handle a voltage any higher than 1350 mV because it doesn't get enough power.

IDK, how do I get my BIOS into it?

how do you get your bios into the card? or how do you get your bios from the card and into the program?

how do you get your bios into the card? or how do you get your bios from the card and into the program?

There are BIOS flashing programs. And some that can read directly from the card while it is operating and convert the language in a GUI so you can change the values.

I'm not sure if you can get the BIOS off of it, as it can't "read" to flash to the OS. It can only burn from OS. It's like flashing your normal BIOS for Nforce boards from Nvidia CP or the likes. But I imagine you could find your BIOS version and DL it.

Back
Top Bottom