Interesting Display Problem

Okay I normally run a 22" & 19" wide screen display in my dual monitor setup. The 22" is my primary running 1680X1050 and it was run via DVI and the second display was run via VGA. I had got a Mini Display port to DVI adapter for my MacBook Pro over Christmas.

Today I got sick of unplugging my 22" DVI cable from my PC to hook to my Mini Display port to DVI adapter to use my 22" as my primary on my MBP. So I grabbed a DVI to VGA converter and hooked my primary 22" to it via VGA on my main desktop PC.

Now I got it booted alright and both displays are reading but I've got a problem. It seems that 1680X1050 isn't being supported by this monitor via VGA. I had no issues when it was hooked via DVI. Every time I try and run 1680X1050 there is a black bar on the right side of the 22" and it's cutting off my desktop space. I can run 1600X1200 though and everything fits fine. It's just slightly ugly because it's not the native size. Is there something I can download so I can get the native monitor support back to 1680X1050 on the display?

Hmm...Sounds like the cable could be messed up.
also, is there an "auto" feature on your monitor?

EDIT: I very much doubt the cable is causing this, but let's not rule it out.
The monitor may not read analog signals the same way it reads digital.

I doubt it's the cable because if it were messed up I'd get a no display option. Here is what it's doing. In the picture you'll see that when I put it at 1680X1050 my right display stretches over onto the first display and then there is a blank spot on the second monitor. I've disabled the second monitor to see if that would cure it but even in single display mode it's messed up. I'll try setting it at 1680X1050 then using the auto correct feature on my Monitor and see if that does anything.

DisplayMessedUp.jpg

Extending to the right one. I went ahead and set it at 1680X1050 and did the auto correct feature. I pushed it where it should be. Gotta give you some rep for that because I wouldn't have ever have thought of trying that. You would have thought it would have auto corrected itself but for some reason that was the problem. Thank god because that would have drove me mad.

Yeah, I love my HPW19B. Auto Feature is excellent. My guess for the problem could have been the refresh. Sometimes low refresh rates cause horizontal shrinking.

Back
Top Bottom