Build Guide for Teens

Wow, I'm still getting more "bang-for-my-buck" without your advice... haha. But thanks! I guess it's where we live & what we want (and time)

This is the point I was trying to make ;)

The above system is ridiculously budget and probably far too crap for most people's purposes, but it'd go together and work. I could just as easily specify a killer system that'd be overkill for anyone's purposes, just as you've specified a mid range one that might be a) too much or b) too little for someone's purposes. There's no "one size fits all" - it really does depend on what you're doing :)

drop the CPU and case fan. if its a computer for general use then the stock cooler and case fans are good enough. put the money towards a better monitor or a graphics card(you could get an ATI 4670 easily for $86)

This is the point I was trying to make ;)

The above system is ridiculously budget and probably far too crap for most people's purposes, but it'd go together and work. I could just as easily specify a killer system that'd be overkill for anyone's purposes, just as you've specified a mid range one that might be a) too much or b) too little for someone's purposes. There's no "one size fits all" - it really does depend on what you're doing :)

True, true. Thanks :D

what about a graphics card?

Do I need one?

Then that's up to you - but a lot of us wouldn't to keep the cost down!

Like me! haha.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150449
that graphics card would be better than the 3850.
heres a triple core phenom processor for $10 more
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103295

Oh wow, thanks! But the graphics card has bad ratings... :/ The triple core phenom processor runs at 2.4GHz and I don't know how to overclock... will that slow it down a lot, or is that fine?

nah id rather get a windows
but yah drop the fans and get a 3850
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161214
or the 4670

All right, I'll drop the fans. Do I need all that RAM and hard drive, then? I just want a fast PC for browsing the internet and all that jazz... I was reading this "for dummies" book on how to build your own PC, and it said I should only need about 1GB RAM and a lot of other stuff I wasn't expecting. Plus I'd like to save as much as possible. What do you think? I might get that Graphics cards... could it run Medieval Empire, and games like that? Not top-of-the-notch but pretty good graphic games?

drop the CPU and case fan. if its a computer for general use then the stock cooler and case fans are good enough. put the money towards a better monitor or a graphics card(you could get an ATI 4670 easily for $86)

Yeah, that's why I was all confused when people told me I needed more fans. Should I got an ati 4670 or the one VINMAN suggested? Because his suggestion is this one.

Fair enough.

Done ;)

:p Yupp. Exactly what I am talking about. I like windows, but not enough to add on all that extra money. And I'm definitely not risking getting it illegally ;) And thanks for clearing it up for VINMAN :p

Back
Top Bottom