new build

the CPU you were going for has been deactivated. ubuntu is really easy to use and it lets you get really advanced and customize everything in it if you feel like it

you download it, burn it onto a cd and then run it when your computer boots. just wondering how much money do you have to spend on a computer?

i just checked out the dell website and it seems as if you could get a decent quad core computer from them for just over $500. take the first computer in the list and then order over phone and ask them to take out the blu ray drive and put in a regular dvd drive. that'll take a bunch of money off of the final price.

nothing that big just need the protablitly and the power just going to be using the internet and maybe cod4 thats it

No way. Intel, surprisingly, beats out AMD in price to performance ratio on low-end builds. By this I mean <400 dollars.

I used these exact base specs for my media build and payed 310 shipped.

Intel E5200/E5300 @ 2.5 / @ 2.6 @ NE
Evga 730i with onboard GeForce 9300 @ TD
2x2 OCZ Gold PC2-6400 @ NE
SeaGate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB/16MB @ NE
Ultra LS350 PSU @ TD
CoolerMaster Elite 330 @ TD - You can probably find a much cheaper case, but this one is crisp. Not a lot in the Cable Management department, but there aren't alot of cables in a <400w PSU.
And pick any various CD drive

If you split up the orders on Tiger to all be over 100 but less than the specified weight, you get free shipping xD

Back
Top Bottom