need new extreme low end computer

My plan just changed. I got the old computer to run again with a different video card. However this card is not getting along with windows 7 at all. If I try to play any form of video even youtube I get a bsod and after restart it says it happened because the card doesn't support the right version of directx.

Here's what the parts for the old computer are
amd athlon 1800+ 1.5gb ram, 200gb hdd, Geforce ti4200 (card I put in to get the computer running again) This replaced the broken fx5500 which worked fine with 7.

So anyway since I know it was just a video card issue preventing the old computer from starting I am wondering if there is any way to get the ti4200 to get along with windows 7 or just buy this

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5550929&CatId=318

I don't really want to buy something if I don't have to if I can get the existing card to work correctly

yeah but I only have one problem with them though. The mobos don't usually have more than one ram slot or 1 pci slot and I have at least 2 pci devices that need to be hooked up.

wifi card and a pinnacle video capture card and i have an ide hard drive and dvd drive that I want to use in the computer

This is for the office in our dog boarding kennel

Who will be using it? You, or employees? It doesn't really need to be able to access anything that requires graphical power, the way I see it. It's almost like built-in GBS protection.

I need a new extremely low end computer for just ms word, internet, printing just basic office stuff.
This is for the office in our dog boarding kennel I really do not want to put anything expensive out there. The computer we had out there for 2 years finally died and I am thinking something like this as a replacement.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicati...190&srkey=eMachines Intel 2GB DDR2 Desktop PC

I really do not want to spend more than ~200$ on this and already have a monitor.

Poop Nuggets.

I was super excited that it might be a build-your-own computer kit, but it's not :( Oh well... if you find any deals that are like that (but you build your own) lemme know! That's exactly what I'm looking for...

Back
Top Bottom