split-screen PC games?

foothead

Omnicide now.
I am looking for a couple split-screen PC games to play on the HTPC, just for something to mess around with. I had heard that Blazing angels had it so I bought BA2, only to see an apology in the manual explaining that even though the manufacturer description for the game said it had it, it actually didn't, and I already have the first BA game for xbox so I don't want to buy it unless I know for sure that it'll work. If anyone knows of any other games, please let me know. All I have right now is fretsonfireX and left 4 dead (which I cannot use without buying 2 xbox controllers)

If they work with joysticks,even better because we have four logitech extreme 3d pro's.

Burnout Paradise works pretty good with dual screens.

Not sure if this would help you out, but a program called SoftTh (http://www.kegetys.net/SoftTH/) works with a lot of games in dual or triple configuration.. It's a pain to configure it though IMO..

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;997658 said:
World in Conflict works with multiple displays.

really? It isn't letting me. Do they have to be on the same graphics adapter?

But what I am looking for is console-type split-screen multiplayer.

It would be the same style as on a console. Two players on one system playing on the same screen. Only for PC. Few games support that because of A: wanting people to buy another computer/game to go h2h, and B: Back when the internet was slow, same-system gaming would be popular. But it didn't catch on because of the limitation on key-presses the PS/2 keyboard presents. And now with USB keyboard, there is always internet play which beats out same-system gaming.

Okay I understand what you want to do now. I thought you wanted to span a view between 2 screens but you want to split the screen in half. You can tell it's been a while since I've played split screen because I'm thinking 2 screens not 1 lol. I couldn't help you out with PC split screen games as I didn't think they existed.

Last one I played was the NFS series. Man, what classics!. Oh the days - where have they gone?

I just figured out that you can run multiple instances of COD4 at one time, and then join your own LAN game, and I found a script that keeps both windows active at one time. This may work.

I don't get why they aren't making any games with this, since it seems like half of the new pc games released are crappy console ports, and the console versions do have it.

Back
Top Bottom