USB wifi adapter and two computers!

~=o0no=~

Solid State Member
So I was thinking about the following setup. You have one USB wifi adapter and two computers would some how connect to it. The reason that I was thinking of such a set up is because I want to use other wireless access points that the key is cathcing. So for instance I am using one computer to use my internet connection and the other one would be using the cyber caffes that is next door to me. :eek: Any way would such a set up be possible. I was thinking of some USB hub and using A:A usb cables to connect the comptuers from it. So the usb adapter key would be connected to the usb hub and from there...I am not sure if that would work...

Why would you need to be using the caffes Internet if you have your own to use? Makes no sense to me

Why would you need to be using the caffes Internet if you have your own to use?
More bandwidth? Have to agree though it seems a bit odd.

Either way, I'm not sure what you're really describing with your setup but to connect to two wireless networks simultaneously you'll need two wireless cards - you can't have one connected to two networks at the same time.

What if you did some kind of hardware hack on the USB adapter and some how get it to connect to two wifi's at the same time? I am just thinking about the possiblity of some thing like that not that I would really want to do some thing like it of course.

A hardware hack to connect one adapter to two networks? I doubt it. There wouldn't be much of a point anyway because Windows isn't going to be able to share the bandwidth of the 2 networks anyway. It's going to use one or the other.

What if you did some kind of hardware hack on the USB adapter and some how get it to connect to two wifi's at the same time?
No, it's not possible - you'd essentially need 2 of almost everything inside the adapter!

Even if you could, what would be the point when you can pick up a wifi adapter for so cheaply now anyway?!

There wouldn't be much of a point anyway because Windows isn't going to be able to share the bandwidth of the 2 networks anyway. It's going to use one or the other.
Another good point. In linux land this isn't the case though ;)

Back
Top Bottom