Gallery: Graphics Cards

Yeah,Take that off and it should look nice!

IMG_7170.jpg

After applying new TIM load temps dropped by about 10 degrees. They put way too much on from the factory. I'm not sure if the shroud removal did anything, but I don't care because it's never going back on.

Do you have the famous X-Mod screwdriver, Cabbs?

Ohhhhhhhhhh why didn't I think of that! I just went out and bought a screwdriver set too.

Thats why I didnt dust mine :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_duster

:p

I had to use mine to get my GTS250 apart. I hate those random screws that no "standard" screwdriver fits. Do you know the technical size?

Despite not being "standard" the Xmod screwdriver has a good feel with the rotational top end for pressure while turning. Infact, better than most other screwdrivers.

I don't know, all I know is that they're ridiculously tiny.

I forgot to mention what the load temps are. At 970 Mhz core, 1.287 Vcore I went from ~70C to ~60C at 100% fan speed.

Damn. Almost 1GHz GPUcc! You should buy a block and add it to your loop. My GTS 250 keeps overheating because I haven't replaced the stock paste since when I removed the heat sink.

I could probably push it to 1 Ghz, but I'm afraid to add more Vcore. At 1.31 Vcore I still couldn't get 3DMark06 to complete at 1 Ghz. I'll probably get a more powerful card before I add a GPU to the loop.

*excited for GT300* We know Nvidia has a contract with someone now for G/DDR5 memory chips because it's been featured on the GT240. Just waiting for DX11. I'd actually be a bit happier if they released a card that wasn't terribly powerful (GTX275 more or less) with GDDR5 and DX11 versus what they've always done in the past which is to release the most powerful GPU they can come up with new technologies. Then wait a few months and sell lower versions. ATi has done very well with releasing "waves" of their arsenal in just the right times and proportions. mid and high power > low end and super high power > GBS filler cards.

Back
Top Bottom