My New Build

I am getting a Solid State Disk (SSD). I am going to get the Intel X25-M 80GB. I am going to have all my software on that one and keep all music and everything else on two 500GB Western Digital Caviar Black HDDs with RAID 0.

this graphics card would be much better, i would drop one of the raptors and get an ATI 5850 or 5870.

this graphics card would be much better, i would drop one of the raptors and get an ATI 5850 or 5870.

I am going to drop both raptors and just go with two 500GB HDD from Western Digital. I am going to get NVIDIA no matter what. I have always had problems with ATI and it was always a hardware problem with them, not a driver issue. Do you know of any better graphics cards by NVIDA instead of the one from ATI?

i have a 5770 and its working great for me, right now ATI is the only manufactorer with graphics cards that support directx 11. it also gives you more for your money. a 5870 is more powerful than a GTX 295. if you really dont want an ATI card then i'd get a GTX 275 or 285. the 295 is overpriced. what is the CAS latency on your RAM?

i have a 5770 and its working great for me, right now ATI is the only manufactorer with graphics cards that support directx 11. it also gives you more for your money. a 5870 is more powerful than a GTX 295. if you really dont want an ATI card then i'd get a GTX 275 or 285. the 295 is overpriced. what is the CAS latency on your RAM?

For the RAM the CAS latency is 10 and timing is 10-10-10-30.

I have always had problems with ATI and it was always a hardware problem with them, not a driver issue.
The ATi HD 58xx's are the dogs bollocks, you won't be disappointed.

Even though I have heard good things about ATI, I am still hesitant to buy one of their products. If anyone has any suggestions on NVIDIA I would appreciate that very much. Thanks.

Cheers.

Even though I have heard good things about ATI, I am still hesitant to buy one of their products. If anyone has any suggestions on NVIDIA I would appreciate that very much. Thanks.

Cheers.

if your a die hard Nvidia fanboy, wait a few months for the new Nvidia Cards.

or get ATi 5970

if your a die hard Nvidia fanboy, wait a few months for the new Nvidia Cards.
or get ATi 5970

I am thinking about building this computer in late February or early March. I might wait or I might just go with the ATI card. Do you know any really good cards by ATI for around $250-300?

Back
Top Bottom