Get Windows 7 For $1?!

nickelodeonn

In Runtime
I was looking on ebay, and I see lots of "product keys" for Windows 7...

Look!

Anyway, I've been researching them, and it seems like you can get Windows 7 for free, if they provide you with a download link. I think this is how it works:

1) Go to the download link & download
2) Burn to disk
3) Stick it into your computer
4) Enter in product key
5) Windows 7 is installing!

Too good to be true?? That's what I'm thinking! But I think it works!

And, by the way, I got a free UBUNTU o/s for my new build I am planning on creating sometime... go here, and click "request a free cd". That's how I'm actually going to start my computer and get on the Windows 7 download link.

By the way, that free o/s cd is seriously real, and will take 4-6 weeks to deliver. (Thats why I got mine now). Plus, it's free! So don't freak out over the shipping time :p And it's the official Linux Ubuntu website :D

Um......yeah, those win7 keys for that cheap on ebay looks like a scam to me...........stay away from that. There is NO WAY anyone is going to sell a win7 key for that cheap. Anyway, it's probably not legal.

Um......yeah, those win7 keys for that cheap on ebay looks like a scam to me...........stay away from that. There is NO WAY anyone is going to sell a win7 key for that cheap. Anyway, it's probably not legal.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

I'll just stick with Ubuntu 9.10 when I get it all set :D Have you heard of it!?

Ubuntu do things like that regularly - I've got a stack of antiquated Ubuntu 5.1 CDs in the other room from the last time I ordered a load!

As for Windows 7 for free though, unfortunately:
Too good to be true?? That's what I'm thinking!
...you're thinking correctly. They might work, but they won't be legal.

Ubuntu do things like that regularly - I've got a stack of antiquated Ubuntu 5.1 CDs in the other room from the last time I ordered a load!

As for Windows 7 for free though, unfortunately:

...you're thinking correctly. They might work, but they won't be legal.

Agreed. I'll just use Ubuntu 9.1... it looks like Mac OS too!!! :eek:

I use Windows XP.

But I'd go with Linux as well. I have to use Windows for work. that's why I have it.

So what's the deal with the keys then? Do they expire in a certain amount of time or something?
Nope. MSDN / MSDNAA is a scheme Microsoft run so that those taking part get a lot of Microsoft software for free (legally.) It's how some of us got our hands on the release candidate of windows 7 a month and a bit before it was around for everyone else ;) The keys MSDN give you are perfectly legitimate and won't expire and they're 100% free. Of course though, legally speaking you're not allowed to distribute or sell these keys, this is going against the book completely and can get you chucked off if discovered!

A lot of universities partake in this scheme for their IT / comp sci students though, and you inevitably get a malicious few who see it as an opportunity to sell on the keys for the software they won't use... or sometimes even sell on the keys and then still use them themselves!

Back
Top Bottom