Firefox.exe has stopped working.

OTSS

In Runtime
I keep getting an error message, sometimes it says internet explorer has stopped working and sometimes it says firefox or firefox.exe has stopped working. It says close program and I do and nothing ever happens. I can use both IE and firefox and the error just pops up every 5-30min and it doesn't affect anything. It is just annoying and I am wondering what I should do to fix it. I have reinstalled firefox and it didn't work. Anyone have this problem or know how to fix it? I am running a fresh install of Vista 32bit. My hardware is in signature.

I came across something similar to this once, and the upshot of it was the only thing I could really do was wipe the thing and reinstall windows. I came across a number of propsed bodges and solutions but none really worked - so personally I'd just cut to the chase, back up and reinstall.

That sucks because it is a fresh install and I spent hours copying all my pictures and movies and music back. Anyone else know of anything that can help?

Only thing I can think of besides a reinstall is NIC drivers. Get the latest version and try installing it. I kind of doubt that it will work, though. But it's something non-destructive to try...

Back
Top Bottom