Now my bitchy little D-link router goes on strike?

Juan handed

In Runtime
So,I'm doing all of these signal comparison test between the old router (D-link) and the new router (Netgear).The new netgear router had a weak signal and no range so I was switching back and forth between routers doing pingtests at different locations. I came to the conclusion that the new netgear had a problem despite me playing with settings and different locations trying to get it to perform.

But,I guess the old D-link router took things personally...now it doesn't work well wirelesly.Works fine thru the ethernet cable, but now has a weak signal at 5 feet away,when it used to have a strong signal at 100 feet.Tested it on another laptop to be sure,it was weak with that one too.

Can you tell me if there are settings I should play around with?
I have changed the channel settings,no luck.I have done a complete reset back to defaults(I think that's how it was anyways) and even upgraded teh firmware (it still had v1.02)

p.s. : in all of the plugging/unplugging going on...I plugged the other adapter into it at one point (however it was a much lower voltage than it's own adapter).It still works fine with the ethernet cable,and the wireless is not dead,just very weak. I can't even say wether it started to have anyproblems before or after the adapter incident.

Could the Netgear setup CD possibly change something in Windows? (although the problem didn't start at that point).

I doubt it had anything to do with the Netgear setup (since you tested it on another laptop).

I recommend holding in the small button on the back to reset it (you'll have to use a pen/pin/something small to push it in). Then you know it is back to factory defaults.

Back
Top Bottom