need new extreme low end computer

mikee

Fully Optimized
I need a new extremely low end computer for just ms word, internet, printing just basic office stuff.
This is for the office in our dog boarding kennel I really do not want to put anything expensive out there. The computer we had out there for 2 years finally died and I am thinking something like this as a replacement.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicati...190&srkey=eMachines Intel 2GB DDR2 Desktop PC

I really do not want to spend more than ~200$ on this and already have a monitor.

seems pretty good. Try to get a Windows XP downgrade. Vista basic is like the pinnacle of failures.

I might get it and put windows 7 on it instead of xp. Xp is just too old

And surprisingly more expensive than Windows 7 :O. It runs a bit faster for old machines though.

Windows 7 seems faster on older machines IMO. My dads p4 2.66ghz computer seems like it is 5x faster running 7 than xp. I'm surprised this computer doesn't come with a free windows 7 upgrade. All the computers on TD used to have a big banner above them saying "buy this computer and get a free windows 7 upgrade" but now after w7 is released that banner has changed to "buy a windows 7 upgrade with this computer" That is such a load of crap

Probably because MS pulled the Family Packs they were offering which allowed TD to purchase 7 packs for cheap and sell them at little to no loss.

I thought it was the computer manufacturers that offered these upgrades just like with vista when it released

Same situation then. Se7en was easily obtainable at a low cost and the manufacturers probably lost little to nothing by throwing in a free upgrade. But the price of the tower probably went up to compensate. Nothing is ever free, it's just masked.

Example? The GTS250 at 134.99 with free shipping. Normal cost of 129.99 with 5.98 shipping.

I noticed a similar phenomenon about 1 month before black friday everything started getting more expensive just to come back down on black friday so people thought they were getting a sweet deal on things that really were just returning to their normal price

Back
Top Bottom