Gaming Graphics Question

rime123

Baseband Member
Hey guys I might be looking at a new graphics card and I have been stuck on 2 questions:

ATi vs Nvidia
Becuase ATi have got some DirectX11 cards but I have always used Nvidia and not sure about changing.
And any recommendations on PSU for these cards cuz i dont currently have a PCI-E power lead.

and.....
What is better 512mb or 1024mb Ram on the card? Becuase some people say the higher it is the more it drains the RAM of your PC.

ATi Vs Nvidia is an entirely personal preference. ATi has the market right now with DX11 and GDDR5 memory. As well a providing these technologies at a relatively low price per spec (bang for the buck).

Shop for a PSU after you have everything you want in your rig. Look for the required amperage that must exist across your 12v rails.

Since all add-on video cards have their own dedicated RAM, it does not affect your system memory in any way.

What is better 512mb or 1024mb Ram on the card? Becuase some people say the higher it is the more it drains the RAM of your PC.
The amount of VRAM is one factor in many that affect a GPUs performance, do not base your decision on that alone.

The amount of VRAM is one factor in many that affect a GPUs performance, do not base your decision on that alone.

yeah, a low powered card (8600GT for example) with 1GB of VRAM is still a low powered card, the 1GB doesn't affect performance much compared to the same card with 512MBs of VRAM, higher powered cards at higher resolutions is where that 1GB makes a difference...

Back
Top Bottom