Bare Drive

Pancake92

Baseband Member
Can anyone explain to me what a Bare Drive is? Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks.

Cheers. :)

My guess is you are wanting to buy a hard drive and you found one that is a "bare drive". In this case it would be sold as only the drive in an antistatic bag basically. No box, no cable, no instruction manual or CD. That's the best I can do with the information given. Please explain more if that's not what you were looking for.

My guess is you are wanting to buy a hard drive and you found one that is a "bare drive". In this case it would be sold as only the drive in an antistatic bag basically. No box, no cable, no instruction manual or CD. That's the best I can do with the information given. Please explain more if that's not what you were looking for.

Since you said it would come with no box does that mean without a casing to the HDD? If so, do you know where I could get a casing for the HDD?

Bare Drive?
Although I've not seen it put that way in print, a better description is OEM.
It means just the drive itself. No fancy box that says Western Digital or what ever brand, the cables, CD, or owners manual.
OEM drives are a better deal because you don't pay extra for all the extraneous do dads.

Since you said it would come with no box does that mean without a casing to the HDD? If so, do you know where I could get a casing for the HDD?

The Hard Drive comes normally, like it's supposed to be.
It just doesn't come with the cables, or a manual.
It comes with packaging, just not like a big box with all the features on it and some pics of it.
Basically it doesn't come in a box like this
HD4870x2_Box_Card_PR.jpg

It comes in this
WDl_Caviar_%20Black_1TB_%20box_sm.jpg

Well when the price difference could be around $100 I would go for the OEM one. :)

id be happy with just that box ^ the good looking one not that bland cardboard thing

Dude it's a box?
Who cares?
Your MOBO most likely comes with the SATA cables, and your PSU has the rest. That's all you need. I mean, come on, a manual? :D

your not thinking correctly
its not the box that matters
or whats in it

keep thinking
you might get it

Back
Top Bottom