Strange Starting Error

Kungfucow

Baseband Member
From what I can tell, my motherboard is defective, but I'll run it by you guys first.

If I unplug my computer from the wall, then replug it in (lets say like moving to a LAN party) it refuse to start. LED on the mobo is lit, but won't turn on. I ran a volt meter through the case button, and it is working fine. Next I checked the motherboard battery for the lulz, and it was putting out 2.2v out of 3v. I replaced that with a new battery, but still has the same problem.

The strangest part, is that if I leave it plugged in over night, or in some cases as long as two days, it fires up no problem so long as I don't unplug it.

(Ancient Technology!)
Intel P4 3.73 Extreme
Asus P5wd2-Premium
Antec TruePower Quattro 1000 W
rest of specs negligible

I'd doubt it, because LED on the motherboard lights up. Also I've never had an issue with Antec in the past.

Well that would of been my guess, the PSU. Did you make sure that all the connectors are secured in the spot they go in? It could be that one is loose, but I am not sure. Lets see what the other guys have to say about it.

Well, we do think alike haha. Those are the first few things I checked, just didn't include in the original post. I'm gonna get a new mobo tomorrow. If that works, I'll be sure to post it.

Back
Top Bottom